Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A quick note

Hi all!

This is just a quick note to let you know we're OK. I haven't posted anything lately because we've had a visitor from the US - Nancy Fields. It was a smashing visit, but it could have been even nicer if the weather had cooperated. We've had buckets of rain over the last week or so.

And now, the bad weather (or some other unexplained thing) has exascerbated the chemo-induced joint problems in my hands. They are very stiff and awkward and I'm finding it hard to use the keyboard. My right thumb is particularly painful with "trigger thumb" so I've splinted it and that's making it even harder to type!

Sorry to be moaning, but I wanted to explain why I haven't a) answered a lot of e-mails and b) posted to this blog for a while.

If there's some sunshine tomorrow I'll try to get out and get some pictures of the lovely azaleas, rhododendrons and clematis that we have blooming in the garden at present. That is if I can wade through the jungle of weeds. All the rain is making everything grown like mad.

In the meantime, here's my e-mail address. I don't discard your letters, they just stay in my in-box till I get to them even though that sometimes takes months!

joanarnfield@gmail.com