Monday, December 17, 2007

Weight Loss Results




Hello folk!

Here I am with our newest pet! We haven't actually decided on a name for him/her yet, so if you have some ideas we'd love to hear from you!

So far we haven't actually determined his/her sex either so our possible names are Prunella, Purple Pete or Scruffles (thanks to Katy Oke). He/she's from Vancouver, Canada and I'll be doing another posting on our recent trip to the West Coast shortly.


But now for something completely different ........



Today is my birthday. That means that it's exactly a year since I started the Weightloss for Wildlife campaign and it's time to report on "progress". I guess there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that I haven't made any progress since June. The good news is that I lost a good few pounds during the first half of the year and I've managed to keep it off since June. So, the final tally is:

Beginning Weight: 95.5 kg or 210.5 lb or 15 stone
Ending Weight: 87 kg or 192 lb or 13.7 stone
Weight Loss: 8.5 kg or 18.5 lb or 1.3 stone


Those of you who were kind enough to sponsor me will be getting a personal note or e-mail about this in the next couple of weeks. Once I hear from everyone I'll let you all know how much money I've made for wildlife projects.

The chart at left is of our weekly "weigh-ins". As you can see, John has been accompanying me on this adventure, but slipped up a bit towards the end. We're both determined to continue trying to lose weight next year. I don't suppose anyone is up for another challenge?

I do feel better for having lost the weight. Apart from my clothes being more comfortable, I find I have more energy and can move around a bit better. It's a good job I have more energy as there's an awful lot to do around here. In fact, I'd better get on with something right now!

Bye bye for now ...........................