Friday, October 15, 2010

October already

We're past the equinox, the nights are drawing in and it's definitely feeling fallish now. Most of the leaves are still on the trees, but it's chilly and windy.  But, just before we sink into the depths of Autumn here are a couple of pictures taken in September:



Later in the month, the Crabbs came to visit from Edmonton, Alberta.  The picture on the left shows them with John getting ready to have a smashing dinner at the Wenlock Edge Inn after a long day exploring the delights of our nearby Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site.  I've written about Ironbridge before, so I won't do it again.  You can follow this link if you're interested in the site.  
Earlier, our smashing lunch at Ye Olde Robin Hood pub in the gorge was enlivened by the sight of this lovely, friendly dog, who not only visited everyone to say "Hello", but also sat very politely at the table while his master finished his pint!


John and Molly also joined us for the first part of our two-week cruise on Longsdon. Click here to see some photos and read about the cruise.s  Barry and Sheila were with us on the return leg of the journey and I hope all our visitors enjoyed it as much as we did!

I wish you could feel the muscles in my arms, now!  Too bad the rest of me is in such poor shape.... I've started going to a pilates class on Fridays.  Today I was so tired I had to go to bed when I got home!

And now, it's time to turn to winter activities.  Planning for next year's Art Exhibition is progressing. I've found a guest artist, but I'm not going to say who it is yet.  I need to get confirmation and then announce it at the AGM.

I've started to meet with two friends to do polymer clay.  This week we made hand-feet!  Next week we're going to do some embellished jewellery.  I have yet to decide exactly what we're going to do, but I hope to get some pictures of the finished articles.  It was good to get back to doing it and a wonderful excuse to clean and tidy my study!

I guess that's all for now, folks.  Please stay in touch - email is good, but letters and phone calls are also welcome and visits are always a joy.