Thursday, February 22, 2007

Monthly Weight Report

I can report much better progress this month, thank goodness! On the 17th of December I was 95.5 kg. On the 18th of February I weighed-in at 92.4 kg, so I have now lost 3.1 kg or 6.8 lb. Now I have to keep that rate of weight loss up for the rest of the year!

I'm also happy to report that I've picked up some more sponsors and have 36 all together. I mustn't let any of you down - I plan to take you for all I can get!

Many of you wrote in answer to my last report. Because of this I tried various forms of hot drinks and finally settled on weak, black, tea. I brew a small pot in the morning and then dole it out during the day, topping it up with hot water to make it weaker and warm enough to drink. I've also managed to cut out those evening snacks of bread and butter, replacing them with dried fruit and nuts. Fortunately I can eat lots of dried fruit without ill effect! Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. Feel free to continue writing - some filling, low calorie recipes would be useful if you have them.

You might think that some of the weight loss would be due to increased exercise, but in fact that isn't the case. The weather has not been all that good - we were even snowed in for a few days - and we haven't really been doing much extra. Now, though, we're hitting the garden more vigorously and we're trying to get some walks in so we'll have to see if that helps or if it makes us so hungry we'll start to eat more!

Any comments? Please feel free to e-mail me about this message.