Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Fertility Day!


It's Easter (Oestra?) Sunday and I'm happy to report that we're in shorts for the first time this year! It's a beautiful day and we're just getting ready to go out and do some gardening. Work around and in the house has been on hold for a couple of months as we gallivanted about with a steady stream of visitors. They're the main reason why I haven't been updating my blog and why this weightloss update is so late.


I'm pleased to say that I continue to loose weight. My average weight loss is .7lb per week. This is a bit less than I'd hoped, but not bad considering how many big meals and dinners out we've had. This week I dropped down below 200lb for the first time in many years and I've been able to wear a few things that I'd hidden in the back of the closet. In one of the local shops there are a couple of pairs of light coloured trousers which I promised myself if I dropped below 200. They should see me through the summer in good style.


The picture above is of one of many mute swans we encountered last month on a narrow boat trip with Joy and John. I'll be doing another post with more information about that and our other doings as soon as I have a bit of time to myself. In addition to our house and garden chores the volunteering has just kicked up another notch and we're deep into web pages, data bases, mass mailings and other time consuming activities. And it wasn't long ago that I was lolling around the house saying I needed a job because I was bored! AAAAARRRRRRRRGHGH!